Hi! Today I just would like to show small and fast project of making turtle-neck jersey pullover. This time I used Burda pattern
It’s very easy pattern and not time consuming to sew a turtle-neck pullover, so I’ve decided to make three of them: long sleeve, short sleeve and without turtle-neck. But unfortunately I had more troubles that expected and complete only two of them. First of all, I did not understand the pattern. Yes, so simple pattern but funny. It suggests to attach the sleeve in the standard way by shaping it before inseam it which was strange for me because usually jersey fabric does not need it. But first I’ve tried to do it as suggested and had to redo it because it did not look nice. So I had to reduce the width of the sleeve and inseam it without prior shaping.
[one_half]But this was not only a problem with my jersey pullover. Next problem was very bad quality of a double stitch. Unfortunately, my sewing machine cannot do it. I have tried everything which I only knew: use very thin needles, special needles for super-stretch, reinforce the stick with a paper, sew very slow… and nothing really helped. The best I could achieve by very slow sewing, but it did not work very well since my machine simply cannot sew slow. [/one_half]
[one_half_last padding=”0 0 0 2px”][/one_half_last] So, I have to live with it or maybe consider to upgrade finally. Since I have used very nice thin cotton jersey I could not redo the stitch so many times, I have left it as it is. The third pullover I postpone for later.
To summarize, it was a simple project to make a nice cozy jersey pullover, but turned to be difficult. I am a bit disappointed but bad experience is also experience.
Have a nice day!